Every Leader is Either a Hero or a VillainJul 20, 2023
Welcome to Friday 411, issue #037. In 4 minutes, with 1 insight and 1 action, you'll determine if you want to be a heroic leader.
You will either be a hero or a villain to every person you lead. There are no neutral leaders.
We're doing something a little different in this week's Friday 411. I (Garland) recently appeared on Rob Jeppsen's Sales Leadership Podcast. We discussed the reality that most organizations do not have the quantity or quality of leaders they need to accomplish their future goals. This has created a leadership crisis.
During my conversation with Rob, I shared one of my core leadership beliefs: every leader will be either or hero or a villain to the people they lead.
Rob asked me to expound on it. Check out this snippet from our discussion. (Hit the play button on the picture above).
About Rob Jeppsen
Rob develops world-class sales leaders so they can develop world-class sales teams. He's received 15 Stevie Awards for Sales and Service since 2007. These awards are in categories such as Sales Team of the Year, Sales Coaching Program of the Year, Sales Training Curriculum of the Year, Sales Process of the Year, Sales Director of the Year, & Senior Sales Executive of the Year.
In addition to being an incredible sales leader, I think Rob is an awesome human. Every time I hang out with him, I walk away energized and encouraged.
If You Want to See More of Rob Jeppsen
- For the whole podcast episode, go here: https://www.jeppg.com/2023/03/22/218dr-garland-vance-ceo-of-advance-leadership-there-are-no-neutral-sales-leaders/
- Rob's LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robjeppsen/
- Rob's Company Jeppsen Performance Group: https://www.jeppg.com/
Determine today if you want to be a hero or villain to the people you lead. If you want to be a hero, then ask yourself: "What can I do today to make people's lives better?"
Want to live and lead more intentionally? Here are three ways we can help:
1. Follow Garland on LinkedIn for daily posts on leadership, culture, and intentional living.
2. Get your copy of Gettin' (un)Busy, named by Forbes as "one of the books everyone on your team should read."
3. Contact us if your company wants help developing leaders. We offer speaking, workshops, coaching, and ongoing leadership development.